Today I’m sharing with you my very own “Uberdelish Rice Bowl”!!!! I LOVE IT and super proud of my creation. My husband and I eat this bowl at least once or twice a month since we’ve created the bowl. It’s sort of our own version of the Korean bibimbap dish with vegetables and meat. I’m sure there’s tons of recipes out there that are similar to mine, but this one was created without any reference to recipes upon its birth.
The meat in my uberdelish rice bowl is marinaded with our favorite Korean sauce – Korean BBQ Bulgogi Marinade. It can be purchase at most large Asian stores. This food product is definitely one of my most prized “i-spied” product I am most blessed to have found in the last 2 years.
The idea for my uberdelish Rice Bowl came to me one day when my husband was making a stir-fry dish with the Korean BBQ sauce. As he was making the stir-fry I noticed that we had some shredded cucumbers and chopped green leaf lettuce leftover from our vermicelli dinner the night before. So, after my husband finished his stir-fry, we added the cucumber and lettuce to the dish. For me, I added fried eggs (my husband HATES eggs). There it was, the birth of our uberdelish rice bowl!
I’ve made it for my family and they love it!
So, I’m excited to share the recipe with you. I’m not an expert at writing down recipes, so I am hopeful that this recipe makes sense and that it is easy to follow. If you end up making this dish, please do share with me if you like it and also share pictures!
Uberdelish Rice Bowl w/ Korean BBQ Sauce (serves 3-4 people)
- 1-2 lb meat of your choice (I used pork), thinly sliced or cubed
- 2 red bell peppers, cut into thin strips
- 1 cucumber, shredded or thinly sliced -don’t include the seeds
- 1/2 of a yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 1 head of green leaf lettuce – chopped into thin strips
- 5 oz of shredded carrots (I used pre-shredded carrots from Walmart)
- 5 eggs
- 3-4 cups of hot cooked rice
- 1 jar of Korean BBQ Bulgogi Marinade (17.64 oz )
- 2 tablespoon of oil
- 1 teaspoon of salt
1. Once you have sliced your meat, added about 2-3 tablespoon of the Korean BBQ sauce to the uncooked meat and mix.
2. In a large heated pan or wok, put oil and meat-stir it. (heat can be at high or medium high during this stage)
3. Add salt and onions. Saute until the onions are soft.
4. Added red bell peppers and carrots to the pan.
5. Saute the stir-fry until the meat looks almost cooked, than add the rest of the Korean BBQ sauce in jar.
6. Bring heat down a little, and let the stir-fry simmer for about 5 minutes to allow the sauce to sit in with the meat and vegetable. Feel free to cover the stir-fry with a lid.
7. After the meat is fully cooked and have simmered, remove from stove.
8. Crack and mix eggs into a bowl; then fry the eggs in a heated pan. Gently push one side of the egg into the middle with a spatula. Tilt pan so that the still liquid egg flows in underneath. Do the same with the other edges until there are no liquid left. You will get an egg pancake. Flip the egg pancake. Don’t fold the egg pancake.
9. Once your egg pancake is cooked, slide it onto a cutting board. Cut the egg pancake into long stripes. (Note: You don’t have to make an egg pancake for this dish; instead you can make a sunny side up.)
1o. Put hot cooked rice into a bowl. Add the stir-fry on top of rice. Add shredded cucumber and green leaf lettuce. Top off the bowl with strips of eggs – PRESTO – the recipe to my Uberdelish Rice Bowl! I hope you ENJOY!
More photos of my Uberdelish Rice Bowl
Green leaf lettuce
This is only half of the egg pancake…I already used the other half before taking this picture.